Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Lilly is 6 Months Old...



Sweet Lilly...
I know I say this every month, but I truly can't believe you are 1/2 of a year old!!! The past 6 months have FLOWN by! Here's what you are up to now...

You can almost sit up on your own. I'm hoping in a few more weeks, you will have it mastered!



You made your first trip to see your Great Grandaddy and MawMaw in Port Gibson, MS. They are OBSESSED with you. So much so that they had ALL of their friends come by and meet you! We were celebrating Grandaddy's 84th birthday that day.



Your Nana and Paps were glad to see you, too!!



You wear a size 3 diaper and your clothes are anywhere from 6 to 12 months. You are a VERY long girl!
You are doing SO great eating your baby food. You eat apples, pears, bananas, sweet potatoes (still you r favorite), carrots, squash, and peas. You have recently started eating pear and apple oatmeal, apple and yogurt oatmeal, and peach and banana oatmeal for breakfast and you love those, too! You still get 3-4 bottles of Mommy's milk every day, but have also started drinking diluted white grape juice from your sippy cup!

Your hair is really starting to grow back. You came home from Mamie's house last week, and Mommy could NOT get over how thick your hair suddenly looked. This makes Mommy and Daddy really happy because Mommy can continue to buy bows, and Daddy can continue to style your hair every night when he puts on your pj's.
I can remember us both falling in love with your hair the minute we saw how much you had when you were born. You would lay on my chest as an infant and I would kiss your sweet, silky head of hair over and over again.

I've never told you about your's and Daddy's routine every night. He takes you into your room, changes your diaper, puts lotion on you, dresses you in your precious footed pajamas, and brushes your hair...all while y'all are carrying on the sweetest conversation. It is a routine that I hope will continue for a long time :)



You still sleep anywhere from 10 to 14 hours at night, but are a very random napper. Some days you will take 2 good long naps, some days you just take 1, some days you just cat nap...whatever is fine with me as long as you still sleep at night :)

It has gotten to be more of an effort to put you to bed. We still rock you, pray for you, and whisper to you, but after a certain amount of time we lay you down. Sometimes you go straight to sleep, and other times you fuss a little. This is a little odd for you, but you usually settle down in just a few minutes.

You have really been a Mommy's girl recently. I'm thinking you are going through a growth spurt because not only are you having some trouble putting yourself to sleep, but you are very clingy to me and you are eating a TON!!! Actually I'm a day late writing you your letter because you WOULD NOT let me put you down yesterday. Oh well, fine by me because I know when you are 13 and have a smart mouth, I'm going to wish that I could just sit and hold you all day. Actually, I'll sit and hold you at 13, after I spank you for talking back :)



You are still such a happy, laid back, easy going baby. I'm honestly scared of what your future siblings will be like because you have been SO easy!



Even though you are a Mommy's girl, you still know how to keep Daddy wrapped around your pinky finger!



Happy 6 months, sweet baby! You have been the greatest pleasure. It brings tears to my eyes when I think about how blessed Daddy and I are to have YOU. We never knew that we could love something SO MUCH, and we are so thankful that God chose US to be your parents!

Guess I better get to planning your birthday party, soon! It's going to be a BLOWOUT!!!

All my love,
Mommy
1 month...


2 months...


3 months...


4 months...


5 months...


6 months...

0 comments: